Ilmar Reepalu, the Social Democratic mayor of Malmö who last year tried to stop Jews playing in his city, the third biggest city of Sweden, half of the population muslims, most of them living in a neighbourhood were even ambulances and firemen have to be escorted by police. Inflates the hate against Jews, making the following statements last week:
- Zionism – The Jewish national movement that is the very cornerstone of the State of Israel – is “unacceptable”.
- Reepalu regards Zionism, the Jewish national movement as an expression of “extremism … which places its adherents above all other groups and regards other people as inferior.” –.
- Israel is described by Ilmar Reepalu as a “festering sore”. Reepalu has no comment on any other people’s native countries. Only the Jewish state is selected for criticism.
- Jews who refuse to strongly and publicly criticise Israel “send the wrong signals” to the society around them.
- Jews who demonstrate their support for Israel have themselves to blame if they are attacked. .
- The only antisemitism that exists, according to Reepalu, comes from “the Right”; he does not accept that there is any Left-wing anti-Semitism or any Islamist anti-Semitism in Sweden. .
- The Jewish State of Israel has no right to self-defence according to Swedish Social Democrat Ilmar Reepalu.
The Official Council of Jewish Swedish Communities responded in a letter with copy to the President of the Social Democratic party, and declares not being surprised by these acts of antisemitism, hate against jews who have according to the UN a right to exist. Jews in Malmö have been in danger and acts of violence have to been stopped by the same Major, Mrs. Lena Posner Körosi writes.
Mr Reepalu has been critized by Swedish media, since the statements were made the same day we commemorated Auschwitz after 65 years, it is even is more insulting to us, many told me.
This is the Swedish party I so proudly commented in my earlier post to hope win the elections. I leave to your dear readers to build your opinions, just if we could live in peace, that’s why we chose this country, not only jews but muslims as well.